Is your mobile app ready for the world beyond Nigeria? If YES, apply for the VentureOut challenge to stand the chance to win: $10,000 seed funding * Mentorship with mobile experts * Dragon’s Den exposition in Chisinau, Moldova * TechCrunch Disrupt Europe Scholarship
infoDev at the World Bank and CRDF Global with support from Co-creation Hub (CcHUB) in Nigeria are announcing VentureOut, a new initiative to propel your mobile apps into enticing international markets.
The VentureOut Challenge will pitch your apps against mobile apps from 31 countries where you stand a chance of to be one of the Top 9 entrepreneurs who will pitch at Dragon’s Den in Moldova, this October 30 – 31 for $10,000 in seed funding. Mobile Apps developers and entrepreneurs can submit their mobile applications from August 9 – September 2, 2013.
To be eligible, applicant must be 18 years or older and be ready and available to present your app or startup if selected as a finalist during trainings and business pitch presentations in Chisinau, Moldova on October 30- 31 2013.
Does your mobile app meet submission criteria below?
- Venture is for-profit and less than three years old from date of launching startup
- Entrepreneur is interested in expanding their app into new geographies in the future
- Product or service is currently in a user testing stage, pilot stage, or available on the market
- Venture is either self-funded or has external financing (either from public or private sources)
- Mobile app ventures can be B2C, i.e. targeted towards retail distribution, for use on individual handsets; or B2B, i.e. enterprise solutions powered by or using or enhancing mobile technology.
Think your app matches the profile? Apply here: http://apply.
The VentureOut program will run from August to November 2013 and help hundreds of entrepreneurs through hands-on training, virtual learning opportunities, mentorship, international exposure, and seed funding.
Sign up for the Information Session on August 20 by visiting this link here.
For more on the Challenge see flier below.