So you’ve developed your app and submitted it to the NextApps Store for the MTNapps Developer Challenge. What do you do next?
The next step is to promote your app and get as many downloads as possible from now till 24 November 2013 to stand a chance to get to the final round of the competition. Top four apps will be shortlisted from each category based on number of customer downloads.
Here are some tips on how to promote your app:
1. Know your app URL: Make sure your have the direct link to your app from the MTN NextApps Store. This is what you will be sharing for people to download your app directly. The link to all the apps for the competition is: http://nextapps.mtnonline.com/app/mtn-developer-challenge. Alternatively, MTN subscribers can text ‘APPS’ to 131.
2. Use your website/blog: If you have a website or blog, use it to promote your app. The site should be simple and effective, and your call to action must be clear.
3. Leverage Social Media: Use your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and LinkedIn profiles to promote your app frequently to your followers.
4. Recruit your Personal Connections: Tell your family and friends to download your app and spread the word to their family and friends about your awesome app and why they need it on their phones.
5. Share with your Networks: Are you part of any Facebook groups or any online forums/ communities like Nairaland? Share the link to your app on these platforms and encourage people to download.
6. Engage Influencers: Know any social media influencers? People with plenty followers on Twitter and friends on Facebook? Engage them and tell them why they and their followers need your app.
What are you waiting for? Start sharing the link to your app. You can encourage people to download by letting them know that the top 10 weekly downloaders get a BB Q5 or a Nokia Lumia. Good luck!