Seedstars World with support from CcHUB and OTEKBits bring you Seedstars Lagos. Seedstars World is an initiative launched by Seedstars SA, a Swiss-based company which launches ideas, grows startups and builds companies. The objective of the competition is to find the best startup in emerging and fast-growing startup scenes.
Seedstars Lagos will hold at the CcHUB on April 26th 2013 for 20 pre-selected startups. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be pre-selected:
- For profit start-up
- Launched in the last 2 years
- Have a demonstrable Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Where external funding received, should not have exceeded USD 0.5m
- Willing to talk about your product or service in public
- Startup can be across any field; clean tech or consumer tech for example
- Participants must be aged 18 or over
To pre-apply, click here. Hurry up as applications close on Monday, 8th April 2013. And if you make the final list of 20 start ups that get to attend the pitch session, here is what to expect:
- Maximum 6 minutes
- Pitch must include: problem, solution, how it works, business model, short financials, team
- Only one presenter
- Format: PowerPoint, video or live demo.
- Regional jury vote for the best regional startup.
- Regional winners get regional prizes.
- Regional winners are automatically selected to be part of the final.
You can find out more here
“Seedstars World is the most exclusive startup competition around the world. Only high quality startups can receive an invitation and are chosen following a strict selection process by professionals. The winner is crowned with the prestigious denomination Seedstars World Best Startup“.