Nokia is organizing a developer event on Java ME, focus of the training is in developing world class applications for Asha Full Touch devices.
The training will focus on the new Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java and during the training we will cover basics + the new API’s (UI, sensors, map) and new Light Weight UI Toolkit (LWUIT) for Nokia Asha devices.
The training will be conducted by Mr. Tony Torp from Finland and the session will be very hands-on focused, so you are most welcome to bring your own projects that you are currently working on.
Participants are expected to have earlier experience in Java/Java ME development and all participants are expected to use their own laptop with Nokia IDE for Java ME installed (Download and instructions from: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Java/Getting_started/Nokia_SDK/).
Date: 20th-21st September, 2012
Time: 9am – 6pm
– Basics of Java and Java ME
Tools to be installed prior to training:
– Nokia IDE for Java ME. Download and instructions from: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Java/Getting_started/Nokia_SDK/
– Nokia Developer Offering, what’s new
– Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java
– Java ME Quick Recap
– Creating fluid GUIs for ASHA – Light Weight UI Toolkit (LWUIT)
– UI components
– Full Touch UI and UX
– Full Touch – new UI APIs
– Icon command, category bar, multitouch etc..
– Java ME APIs
– Remote Device Access
– Monetizing (In-app advertising and in-app purchase)
Windows Phone introduction (3h)
– How to create WP applications on Nokia Lumia device family
– Windows Phone SDK
– Development: Silverlight and XNA
– APIs in brief
– Publishing applications
– Example projects
Space for the training is limited to 50 shortlisted participants!!
For more information, contact Teemu.email@example.com