The African Innovation Foundation (AIF) is delighted to announce the call for the 2014 Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA). The prize honours and encourages innovative achievements that contribute toward developing new products, increasing efficiency or saving cost in Africa.
The prize also promotes among young African men and women the pursuit of science, technology and engineering careers as well as business opportunities with potentials of contributing to sustainable development in Africa.
The IPA is focused on:
• Mobilizing leaders from all sectors to fuel African innovation
• Promoting innovation across Africa in key sectors through the competition
• Promoting science, technology and engineering as a rewarding career path among African
• Encouraging entrepreneurs, innovators, funding bodies and business development service
providers to exchange ideas and explore innovative business opportunities.
The IPA anticipates contributing to the following outcomes:
• Increased commercialization of research and development (R&D) outputs in Africa
• Increased funding of start-ups, adoption of new and emerging technologies and accelerated
growth of an innovative and dynamic private sector; and
• Increased economic activity and African led development that results in lasting impact.
1. IPA 2014 PRIORITY AREAS
The 2014 IPA recognizes innovative breakthroughs that unlock new African potential in the following five priority areas: agriculture and agribusiness; environment, energy and water; health and well-being; ICTs and manufacturing and service industry.
Details are provided in the pdf attachment accompanying this post:
1 If you have an innovation in a different thematic area and you feel you would like to submit your application, please indicate and contact the IPA Secretariat.