To achieve economic prosperity, it is important that we play a role in supporting individuals & institutions understand in practical terms what innovation is, why it is important and how to innovate.
What we have done
- Partnered with Ford Foundation to build & launch a standalone voter education platform Govote.ng which is answering critical enquiries of citizens around the registration process.
- Formal relationship with 11 civil society & media organisations on projects related to the 2015 General elections - Enough is Enough, WANGONeT, YIAGA, INEC Citizens Contact Centre, National Democratic Institute, Premium Times, Sahara Reporters, Shehu Musa Yar'Adua Foundation, Centre for Democracy & Development, Public & Private Development Centre & akiliPolls.
- Developed and designed Human-Centered Design workshops for representatives of civil society organisations in Rivers & Kaduna States as part of the USAID funded Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Project.
- Trained and supported Microsoft Winsiders4Good Fellows (a group of social innovators) from across Nigeria to start and grow sustainable businesses that impact society while generating a profit.
- Supported the Union Bank Centenary Innovation Challenge aimed at unearthing great ideas for addressing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in entrepreneurial ways.
- Facilitated a first of its kind business acceleration programme (Union Bank Startup Connect) dedicated to matching technology-enabled start-ups from all over Nigeria with the Union Bank brand for mutually beneficial collaboration.