Are you a developer, a student or someone interested in learning how to code? Do you want to be an expert in building top notch web and mobile applications using Microsoft Technologies? Then Immersion with Microsoft is the right place to begin.
Immersion with Microsoft is a combined training and mentorship program where participants get to learn how to build mobile and web applications using Microsoft technologies. In a three-month training program, no less than 20 shortlisted students and early stage developers will be trained by 6 seasoned developers and Microsoft experts.
The program will give aspiring and existing Nigerian developers a deeper understanding of the use and benefits of Microsoft Technologies. During the program, participants will be supervised by skilled trainers and Microsoft assigned staff to develop enterprise and/or consumer solutions for the Windows platforms. A key part of the training will be a project that requires participants to work in teams to develop both collective and individual ideas and build products out of them.
Interested? Get started HERE.
UPDATE: Registration is now closed for Immersion with Microsoft. Shortlisted candidates have been contacted.
What Happens at Immersion with Microsoft?
Starting on the 24th of March 2014, Immersion with Microsoft will have:
- 2 sessions a week for 3 months with Microsoft trained facilitators
- 1 week Windows Phone and Windows 8 bootcamp with Microsoft experts from Microsoft Redmond Campus
- 1 week Windows Azure bootcamp with Microsoft experts from Microsoft Redmond Campus
- Team formation and app building exercise
- Final project show and tell
- Promotion opportunities across Africa for outstanding solutions
** The full schedule will be communicated in due time
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal participant is:
- an early stage developer, a student or any individual with interests in learning to build apps using Microsoft Technologies
- a person able to complete the program 100 percent
- someone with a personal computer or access to one they can bring along for the duration of the training
- anyone with an app idea they want to learn how to build into a product
Find out if you qualify by filling this short form HERE
What Will You Learn?
The training will involve teaching the basics of programming language paradigm and Microsoft development environment for various technologies including:
- Windows Application
- Windows Phone Application
- ASP.NET (MVC & Web Form)
- Cloud Technology (Azure Services i.e. PAAS)
The following are the expected areas to be covered:
- Basics and principles of programming languages (C#)
- Object Oriented Programming
- SQL Server (Basic)
- Internet Information Services (IIS) Management
- Windows Azure Overview etc.
At the end of the three months, you will have worked on and built at least one application for the Windows platform using the skills learnt. A certificate of completion will be awarded to all participants who complete the training and publish apps on the Windows store.
Additional support by way of follow-up calls and office hours with your trainers and selected Microsoft experts will continue once the training program ends.
Does this sound like an opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Hurry and register to get started by simply filling this short form HERE.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with specific details about the program. All the best!
For more information, email email@example.com with the subject line “Immersion with Microsoft” or call 234.1.2950555.
Meet the faculty
Oluwasegun ODUWOLE is a developer with years of experience in applica and vast knowledge in several Microsoft technology including .NET framework, ASP.NET, Microsoft Foundation Class, Windows Driver Model. He has ability to program in vb.net, C family languages(C++,C# and Java), and web technology languages (HTML,CSS,jQuery,XML).
About Immersion by CcHUB
Immersion is a training program designed to help aspiring and existing entrepreneurs who are using technology to build impactful businesses. The trainings are delivered by experts to equip the entrepreneurs with requisite skills to build technology solutions.