Are you part of a movement for better democratic governance?
Do you have an innovative idea to encourage participation in governance?
Is it important to you that the government is responsive?
GovLab by CcHUB wants to help you take your idea to the next stage!
At CcHUB, we aim to support civic innovators who are willing to leverage technology to drive conversations around government responsiveness, transparency, social accountability and citizen engagement. That is why we are launching the 2019 GovLab Idea Pitch, to help you bring great ideas to life.
In recent times, we have found ourselves asking the following questions:
- How can the law and policy making be simplified to encourage participation from citizens?
- Is there a way we can use technology to bridge the gaps around the elections process?
- How do we drive students participation in University governance, to hold University authority accountable and encouraging responsiveness?
If you have answers to these questions then the GovLab Idea Pitch is for you. Read on to learn how to apply.
About The 2019 GovLab Idea Pitch
The GovLab Idea Pitch is an open call for innovative thinkers with ideas that:
- Promote citizen participation in law and policy making
- Bridge gaps in the elections process
- Drive student participation in University governance
The top 5 applications selected will be invited to Lagos for a 2-day Design and Product workshop. Top three Finalists will be selected on the 2nd day, and will qualify for the Lagos-based CcHUB Pre-Incubation programme!
- The top 3 winners will qualify for the CcHUB Pre-Incubation programme (Lagos-based) where they will receive:
- Access to $5000 seed funding (milestones).
- Mentorship to support projects through rapid prototyping and piloting.
- Physical resources such as office space, high-speed internet, meeting rooms & other facilities.
- Access of up to $10,000 Amazon web service credit.
How to Apply for the GovLab Idea Pitch
To apply for the GovLab Idea Pitch you must:
- Submit either a new idea or the business plan for an existing business (that must not have been in operation for over 1 year).
- Have a team. Teams must consist of a minimum of 3 members.
- Be able to travel to Lagos.
Here is some help on what we look for in the startups we chose qualify for our Pre-Incubation Programme.
For further enquiries about the GovLab idea Pitch, please email email@example.com.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2019 GovLab Idea Pitch. Apply here.
Applications close on the 15th of April, 2019.