Community: The HUB serves as the meeting point for stakeholders to meet, brain-storm, share ideas and collaborate. This is achieved through knowledge partnership events, meet-ups, focus groups, hackathons, competitions, workshops, and talks from guest speakers. The ecosystem continually re-energises and revitalizes social entrepreneurs and change makers and also provides access to human resources for companies seeking technical expertise in and around Lagos. The focus of our community initiatives includes:
- Connect people together
- Provide a shared context
- Enable dialogue
- Introduce collaborative processes
- Stimulate learning
- Capture and diffuse new knowledge
- Help people organise around purposeful actions
Open Living Lab: the HUB serves as an open innovation ecosystems in which user-driven innovation is fully integrated in the co-creative process of new services, products and societal infrastructures. Our model includes end-user participation from an early stage of creative process of technology development. Through partnership between citizens, social entrepreneurs, subject matter experts, businesses and public authorities, the HUB allows prototype testing of tomorrow’s best social innovations in ICT4D in Nigeria. The Social Innovation Camp Nigeria and Tech-In Governance are examples of the application of this model.
This model benefits citizens, government, entrepreneurs and research;
- It empowers citizens, as end-users, to influence the development of innovation services and products that eventually could benefit the whole society
- It allows government, industry and entrepreneurs to develop, validate and integrate new ideas through partnerships that increase their chances of success.
- The living lab facilitates the integration of technological innovation in society and increase return on investments in relevant research.
Pre-incubation services: this is a proactive provision that consists of a bouquet of support activities including advice, training, mentorship and access to funding through our network of local and international partners. These services are built on top of a managed access to the HUB as a connected shared working space with state of the art facilities and meeting room. The features of the services include:
- Enterprise: responsive and focused enterprise support, helping high growth social ventures to reach their potential
- Innovation: stimulate innovation in social tech start-ups for growth including exploiting new knowledge, processes and technologies to achieve their objectives
- Investment: helping to create the right conditions for social tech ventures to gain and be eligible for funding