We are recruiting a highly driven professional to join our team as Facility Manager. As Facility Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the facility function at optimum. In particular, you will oversee the security, maintenance and services of the facility to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its people.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage all work related to the maintenance of the hub including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, environmental, safety, repairs, maintenance and replacement of equipment, furniture, and furnishings.
- Oversee and provide event logistics coordination, ensures proper scheduling of set up for events, sitting arrangements, and work with project managers with regard to all events at the hub.
- Develop and maintain quality, health, safety, environmental systems (QHSE) for the hub.
- Manage relationships with the building agent as required and address any maintenance concerns.
- Source for and manage relationships with vendors.
- Serve as primary contact for facility related emergencies which would require working during the evenings and weekend.
- Develop systems and processes for reporting faults and effective facility management.
- Oversee and agree contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, technology e.t.c
- Supervise multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Manage budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Allocate and manage space between buildings
- Ensure that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advise businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Oversee building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Help businesses to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing
- Draft reports and make written recommendations
- 3-5 years experience in managing corporate facilities.
- Education: University degree required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good project management and problem-solving skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Self motivated and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize work schedules according to deadlines.
Forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org