Do you run a start-up that directly addresses global development challenge? Do you want to attend a 1-week global accelerator program with 30 other impact start-ups with the opportunity of meeting top investors and the media? Apply HERE for the chance to be in Helsinki this November.
Last November, three startups i.e. Truppr, Wecyclers and VacantBoards attended SLUSH 2014 through the Slush Emerging Markets Program. It was a fantastic experience that showcased the best of “Made in Lagos” innovations to the rest of the world.
WHAT IS SLUSH IMPACT ACCELERATOR?
Impact Accelerator is co-organised with Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, UNICEF and other partners, including CcHUB in Nigeria. Impact Accelerator will help the next world changing founders to speed up their businesses through skills workshops, networking opportunities, meeting investors and potential partners, as well as through exposure before and in Slush conference. The program includes pre-event mentoring, local Helsinki boot camp program from 4th to 13th of November, 2015 culminating to Slush, and post-event support.
WHAT WILL THE IMPACT ACCELERATOR PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE?
Participants will receive; Helsinki boot camp program from 4th-13 th November, 2015: air tickets and accommodation covered for the duration of the program*; Conference pass to Slush; Opportunity to be featured in Slush within Slush Impact; Opportunity to attend and to be featured in UNICEF Innovation Summit; Networking and meeting opportunities with impact investors, NGOs, institutions, startups, media and other stakeholders; Skills workshops and capacity building; Industry specific matchmaking sessions.
TO APPLY (PROCESS):
- Fill in short application form
- Selected applicants will pitch their business at CcHUB on July 31, 2015 in front of a panel of local judges. The judges will shortlist 2-4 start-ups.
- The 2-4 shortlisted start-ups will then fill in more in-depth application form and be contacted by the Selection Committee for an interview.
- The Selection Committee will chose at least 1 start-up based on the application form and interview.
- A great team that convinces they have the skills and drive to succeed
- A business idea that has gained some traction, yet is still in early phase
- A business concept that will have a measurable positive impact on people, society, or planet
- Business concept must be highly scalable and have a strong technology focus
- There are no limitations to in terms of sector or geographical focus.
MORE ABOUT SLUSH
Slush is a technology conference for startups and tech talent to meet with top-tier international investors, executives and media. In 2014, Slush brought together over 14.000 attendees and more than 3500 companies for the two-day event, with more than 750 investors. Next Slush will take place in Helsinki on November 11-12th, 2015. One of the key crosscutting themes of 2015 is “Slush Impact”: program for purpose driven startups that combine scalable business models with positive impact on the environment or society.
Together with Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, UNICEF and other partners, including CcHUB in Nigeria, Slush features Impact Accelerator program for thirty world-changing impact entrepreneurs from all over the world. We are now looking for the next world-changing business ideas that directly addresses global development challenges.